What is CertAnon?
CertAnon is an anonymous WAN authentication system that can be integrated with any account-based web portal. It utilizes strong two-factor authentication, enabled by the RSA SecurID token, to replace the weak link in online account security - passwords. Static, reusable passwords have proven to be easy targets for hackers looking to empty consumer accounts and steal personal information. CertAnon provides enterprise-grade security for the everyday consumer, benefiting businesses and individuals alike.
What are the benefits for Internet users?
- The SecurID token allows safe and secure access to all participating online accounts.
- Managing multiple hard-to-remember passwords can be a thing of the past.
- Enjoy the safety of a password that changes every 60 seconds, but with the convenience of remembering just a single PIN.
- Defeat online scammers like phishers and keyloggers with the same technology used to protect corporate networks.
- Personal information is protected because we don't collect it!
What are the benefits for businesses?
- Fraud losses due to compromised accounts can be slashed.
- CertAnon snaps into an existing web site with minimal effort, instantly improving the security of customer accounts.
- Get enterprise-grade user authentication without the costs of installation and maintenance.
- The reusability of the CertAnon token eliminates the adoption hurdle that plagues proprietary two-factor systems.
- Risky, insecure customer passwords will disappear.
How does it work?
Individual consumers can buy CertAnon tokens online, or businesses can offer them for resale to their customers. Once in possession of a token, a user can register it on our web site using the serial number and configure a PIN to be used in each authentication attempt. Security questions are set up for later use in case of missing or damaged tokens, but we don't ask for any personal information such as real name, address, or phone number. Once a token is registered, the user can associate his or her various Internet accounts with the token. That's the only information that has to be provided. From that point forward, simply enter a PIN plus the number displayed on the CertAnon token in place of a password when logging into a CertAnon-powered account. It's that easy!