Message Digest has many applications among which are Encryption & Message Authentication.
Uses sha1 to encrypt & authenticate a message M:
1. Choose a message M of length n*40 characters, where n is at least 2.
2. Choose a password P, encrypt it with cs472PublicKey.pem to produce a file: P.base64
3. Use P and sha1 to generate a onetime pad M.pad of the same size as M.
4. xor M.pad and M to produce a file: M.base64
5. Compute the message digest of P|M|P using sha1 to produce a file: M.digest
6. Use tar to produce a file: loginA3.tar containing:
README P.base64 M.base64 M.digest
Submit loginA3.tar to cs472 under assignment #3.