- Outstanding Overall Achievement - Wayne Stilwell
- Outstanding Data Mining and Data Management - John Shull, Faisal Mahmud, Mohammad Obeid
- Outstanding Visualization Techniques - Wayne Stilwell
"Engineering, Computer Science Students Conduct Research on Quantum Sensors for Competition", Inside ODU, Feb 4, 2013.
Objective: Develop innovative data visualization(s) (static infographic or interactive visualization) to communicate to any interested party the history and trajectory of Quantum Sensing technology.
- October 1, 2012 - kickoff meeting
- October 15, 2012 - deadline for registration
- email Prof. Walk (swalk at odu) your team name and team members with email addresses
- December 14, 2012 - competition deadline
- Prize awards open to current ODU students only
- All teams members must be registered for the competition by October 15, 2012 to be eligible for prizes.
- Teams may – and are encouraged to - collaborate with individuals or groups outside the ODU community.
- Designs must be submitted by December 14, 2012.
- Teams must submit, with their final design, lists of ALL technical and personal sources used in their design.
- Use of copyrighted or patented materials or methods, or other evidence of plagiarism – such as copying or using another person’s or group’s methods or designs without permission - will mean disqualification.
- ALL results (algorithms, methods, screen designs, etc.) will remain in the public domain
- A panel of faculty and professional judges will announce winners in January 2013.
Overall Prize: $1500
- The entry which BEST communicates, via data visualization techniques, the history and trajectory of Quantum Sensing technology.
Two $500 Prizes
- The entry which demonstrates the BEST data mining, management, and interpretation techniques
- The entry which demonstrates the best visualization techniques
Any one team can win multiple prizes.
Dataset of quantum sensing publications (in BibTeX format)
- Jigsaw - http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/ii/jigsaw/
- Pentaho - http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/DATAMINING/Time+Series+Analysis+and+Forecasting+with+Weka
Visualization Sources and Samples
- Vis Tech (Semiotics?) - Lulwah Alkwai, Mostafa Uddin
- Visualization Learners - Rahul Shambuni, William Nguedjo
- Dynamic Duo - Matthew Haase, Terra Elzie
- Envisage - Yishu Zheng, Sharmin Sultatan, Umama Ahmed
- Mat Kelly - Mat Kelly
- Abohms - John Shull, Faisal Mahmud, Mohammad Obeid
- Team Rocket - Gary Lawson, Rifat Aras
- Wayne's World - Wayne Stilwell
- Prof. Steven Walk, Engineering and Technology
- Dr. Michele Weigle, Computer Science
- Dr. Yuzhong Shen, Modeling, Simulation, and Visualization Engineering
Sponsor: WorldTech International, LLC