mweigle at cs.odu.edu
TR 9:30-10:45 am
Paper Assignment Notes:
- All assignments must be typed.
- Use only 12 pt Arial or Times font.
- Your name must be at the top of each page.
- All assignments must be completed independently. It is fine, and
even encouraged, for you to discuss the paper with classmates, but it
is not acceptable to discuss answers to the questions.
- All answers must be in your own words. Avoid quoting
excessively from the paper, but if you must quote the authors' words,
put quotation marks around the quoted material.
- Assignments must be submitted using Blackboard and a hardcopy must be submitted in class.
Paper Assignment #1
Assigned: Tues, Jan 15
Due: Part A: Thurs, Jan 17 (before 9:30am)
Part B: Tues, Jan 22 (before 9:30am)
Read [Kes07] and
apply the techniques described to the reading of [YMF06]. Remember that a full
three-pass reading of a paper will take at least a couple of hours, so
don't start this at the last minute.