CS-825, Dr. Michelle Weigle
- Alexander Nwala
- Hassan Al-Maksousy
Online social networks are expanding rapidly. So it is no surprise that a large amount of research effort targets the anaylysis of social networks.
Visualizing social networks is an important aspect of social networks research.
We propose a visualization project which attempts to fill some missing functionalities in pre-existing tools as well as augment or improve others.
- Python for algorithm prototyping/testing
- D3.js for visualization
- php for server-side Twitter API communication
- What: Graphs, Networks
- To understand a network's topology
- To see patterns (cliques, clusters)
- To explore networks
- To see the relationship between nodes
- Encode: Force-directed node-link layout, Adjacency matrices
- Manipulate: Select (single, multiple)
- Facet: Juxtapose
- Reduce: Filter by brushing
- February 24, 2015 - April 28, 2015