Ph.D. in Computer Science
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA (2019 - Present)
My main research areas are information retrieval, data science and machine learning.
Currently I work with eye tracking for neurophysiological disease and disorder detection and also on multi-user eye tracking. The current research includes aspects of computer vision and machine learning for successfull eye trackig, distributed systems for data collection and transmission and Information retrieval and data mining for generating useful information.
BSc in Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering)
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (2014 - 2018)
During the Bachelor's degree, I followed Integrated Computer Engineering (ICE) program, which provided
knowledge on embedded system and computer hardware development in addition to core computer science
and Engineering knowledge areas. In addition, I took courses in Computer Networks, Machine learning, Data mining,
Information retrieval, Robotics and Comuter Vision to broaden knowledge.
My final year research and development project was based on Data mining and Machine learning to provide insights for improving quality of education in Sri Lanka.
Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (UK)
Through the professional qualification program, I was able to gather knowledge and skills in the field of Management Accouting and Decision Making. The program includes knowledge areas of Performance, Enterprise and Financial management utilizing knowledge of Management accouting, Financial Accouting, Business law and Economics.
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA (08/2019 - Present)
- Researching and developing multi-user eye tracking for immersive environments.
- Researching on the use of eye tracking to retrieve behavioural information for disease recognition and prediction.
- Grading and Evaluating student submissions for CS 361 - Data strucures and algorithms module.
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (01/2019 - 08/2019)
- Planning, Corrodinating, Conducting and Evaluating Computer Networks, Software Engineering and Industrial Computer Engineering practical sessions for undergraduates.
- Mentoring and Supervising undergraduate software engineering projects.
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (08/2018 - 12/2018)
- Conducting and Coordinating Computer Networks practical sessions.
Associate Software Engineer
Wavenet International (Pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka (01/2018 - 08/2018)
- Database development and optimization of MySQL clusters for high performance applications.
- Development of plugin support for Data warehousing and Data analytics for existing telco products.
Trainee Software Engineer
Wavenet International (Pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka (06/2017 - 12/2017)
- Telco application development using Erlang, Mnesia and MySQL cluster.
- Database design and optimization for MySQL cluster to support high throughput requirements.
Projects [ Read More ]
MGaze - Multi User Gaze Interactions
Researching and Developing systems, algorithms and software for multi-user
eye tracking for analytics in immersive environments.
Data Driven Instructions for Sri Lankan Education
The project intends to enhance the learning and teaching experience
of the stakeholders in the Sri Lankan education sector through the use of
data mining and machine learning techniques to generate insights.
Python, Scikit-Learn, NodeJS, Angular, Orange
Sheyar - Ride Sharing
Cross-platform smart ride sharing application, consisting of a web
application, mobile application and an embedded device monitoring
the driving pattern of the driver.
LAMP, MEAN, Cordova
Smart Car Park
Smart parking and vehicle tracking system using automatic
number plate detection.
LAMP, Google Maps, Banana Pro, Python, OpenCV
Online collaborative tool for brainstorming sessions with automated
entity linking and web based suggestions based on the content
available on the board.
NodeJS, Socket.io, NLTK