||Computer Science 791/891
New to VANETs?
If you are one of the several CS 791/891 students who have not
previously taken a course in VANETs, here are some papers to read that
will help you to get started. You should at least skim all of these
papers before the first full research group meeting on Sep 4.
General VANET Papers (all were assigned reading in CS
795/895, Spring 2007)
- B. Parno and A. Perrig, Challenges
in Securing Vehicular Networks, Proceedings of ACM HotNets, 2005.
- M. Raya and J.-P. Hubaux, The
Security of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks, Proceedings of SASN,
- T. Nadeem, S. Dashtinezhad, C. Liao and L. Iftode, TrafficView:
Traffic Data Dissemination Using Car-to-Car Communication, ACM
Sigmobile Mobile Computing and Communications Review, Special Issue on
Mobile Data Management, Vol 8, Issue 3 (July 2004), pp 6-19.
- F. Picconi, N. Ravi, M. Gruteser and L. Iftode, Probabilistic
Validation of Aggregated Data in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks,
Proceedings of ACM VANET, 2006.
ODU-CS VANET Papers
- S. Rizvi, S. Olariu, M.C. Weigle, and M. Rizvi, A Novel
Approach to Reduce Traffic Chaos in Emergency and Evacuation
Scenarios, Proceedings of IEEE VTC - Fall, 2007.
- M. Abuelela and S. Olariu, TAPR: Traffic-Adaptive
Packet Relaying in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (poster), Proceedings
of ACM VANET, 2007.
- K. Ibrahim and M.C. Weigle, Accurate
Data Aggregation for VANETs (poster), Proceedings of ACM
- G. Yan, G. Choudhary, M.C. Weigle, and S. Olariu, Secure
Position Detection in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (poster),
Proceedings of ACM VANET, 2007.
- M.C. Weigle and S. Olariu, Intelligent
Highway Infrastructure for Planned Evacuations, Proceedings of
Back to CS 791/891