||Computer Science 795/895
VANET Systems Papers for Round 2 of Presentations
You may choose one of the papers below, or find another paper on a
different VANET system (look mainly either in IEEE VTC or ACM VANET
conferences). If you find another paper, you need to clear it by me
before you send it to the class list.
For this round of presentations, focus on the system developed, the
communications involved, whether it is purely V2V or includes
infrastructure, and strengths/weaknesses of the system as compared
with other systems. Also, make a point to mention future work or other
issues that still need to be addressed.
- Tamer Nadeem, Sasan Dashtinezhad, Chunyuan Liao, and Liviu
Iftode. TrafficView: Traffic
Data Dissemination using Car-to-Car Communication. ACM Mobile
Computing and Communications Review (MC2R), Special Issue on Mobile
Data Management, 8(3):6-19, July 2004.
- Qixiang Sun and Hector Garcia-Molina. Using
Ad-hoc Inter-vehicle Networks for Regional Alerts. Tech Report,
Stanford University, 2005.
- Lars Wichhof, Andre Ebner, Hermann Rohling, Matthias Lott, and
Rudiger Halfmann. SOTIS
- A Self-Organizing Traffic Information System. Proceedings of
IEEE VTC - Spring, 2003.
- Marios Dikaiakos, Saif Iqbal, Tamer Nadeem, and Liviu
An Information Transfer Protocol for Vehicular
Computing. Proceedings of ACM VANET, 2005.
- Bret Hull, Vladimir Bychkovsky, Yang Zhang, Kevin Chen, Michel
Goraczko, Allen Miu, Eugene Shih, Hari Balakrishnan, and Samuel
Madden. CarTel: A
Distributed Mobile Sensor Computing System. Proceedings of ACM
SenSys, Nov 2006.
- I. Chisalita and N. Shahmehri. A
Context-based Vehicular Communication Protocol. Proceedings of
PIMRC, Sept 2004.
- Joey Anda, Jason LeBrun, DiPak Ghosal, Chen-Nee Chuah, and
Michael Zhang. VGrid:
Vehicular AdHoc Networking and Computing Grid for Intelligent Traffic
Control. Proceedings of IEEE VTC - Spring, May 2005.
- J. Ott and D. Kutscher. Drive-thru
Internet: IEEE 802.11b for "automobile" users. Proceedings of IEEE
INFOCOM, March 2004.
- Xue Yang, Jie Liu, Feng Zhao, and Nitin H. Vaidya. A
Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Protocol for Cooperative Collision
Warning, Proceedings of MobiQuitous, 2004.